Get Started With Yoga Pilates Barre
How do I sign up for my first class?
- Sign Up Click here – CLASS SCHEDULE
When should I arrive?
- We honor your time. As class begins our reception closes, so you’ll need to arrive before the scheduled start time. If your attending your first class, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time. We will go over any questions or concerns and get you signed in and settled before we begin.
What should I wear?
- Wear what you feel comfortable in, something that allows you to safely move. Most of our clients choose to wear yoga type pants or capris and tank tops or t-shirts. Both bare feet and grip socks are welcome in the studio.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- All mats, props and equipment are provided. Just bring yourself and a smile! Yoga/Barre/Pilates socks are optional, if you have them feel free to bring them or you can purchase some in studio. You may want to bring a water bottle for a quick sip of water during class, or we have water in our reception area for you as well.
Is Yoga Pilates Barre the right workout for me?
- Whatever level of fitness your starting with you can benefit from our low impact, total body classes. This way you are able to choose the class that suits your schedule, all classes are open to all levels. A true happy hour, for all.
I’m not in the best shape. What is the best work out for me?
- This is probably the question we hear from new clients the most. All of our classes can be modified for beginners or intensified for those who need or want a bit more of a challenge. The two classes I recommend the most for newbies are Candlelight Yoga and YP BARRE. If your goal is to find relaxation and ease back into movement at a slower paced then Candlelight Yoga provides an excellent beginning place and introduction to restorative yoga. If your focus is to sculpt your waist, loss weight and tone muscles then YP BARRE provides a beginner friendly introduction to Yoga, Pilates and our barre classes.
What if I have previous injuries? Can I participate in classes?
- Always share your concerns with your instructor before class. As long as you’ve been cleared by your doctor for exercise, we can provide modifications, props or adjustments to make each movement comfortable for you. Some of the most common injuries we see are related to knees, feet, hips, back and shoulders. Our classes are taught specifically for each client, with comfort and safety in mind.
How many times a week should I attend classes?
- You can see results in just a few classes! For optimal results, classes should be taken around 3-4 times per week. That’s not to say you can’t take more. Our technique strengthens and stretches every major muscle group in the body, targeting hard to reach muscles without needing downtime or muscle recovery.
- Balance your body and mind by taking different classes. Your body isn’t one dimensional and your workouts shouldn’t be either. That’s why we offer a variety of classes. From restorative yoga and pilates to the more cardio centric classes like HIIT the Pilates Barre. It’s all about balance.